Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Relationship Fulfilment Class Support and Other Things

First up: Other Things.

Hankyu is having an event where you get NT$500 department store credit for every NT$5000, or NT$200 for every NT$2000 you spend on most items (excluding lingerie and I think electronics, but I'm not sure.) Since we just got a bedding set and pillows, we met the min. and got a credit! Along with tickets to a fashion show, which we couldn't go to since it was on the day of class support.
Yeahhhhh! We get stuff for spending monies! Shout-out to my dad for helping us with the bedding!

I guess it's a popular type of event, since I just saw a similar thing being advertised on the television at the MRT station, but for a different department store.

Mommy's Birthday was on Saturday~!

I'm still waiting for Gracie to upload cake pictures, but we got her a cake from How Sweet 幾分甜 and it was filled with pudding and strawberry mousse and even though the topping was whipped topping instead of real whipping cream it was pretty darn tasty. I had three pieces :D Also, my mom made the hugest feast in the entire world and my maternal grandpa and cousin and uncle and 2 twerpy nephews all congregated at her house for dinner.


As for the class support, it was exhausting, to say the least. Pictures for comparison:

Before.


After.


I taught Waffle-Making English class (nothin' like a little food to motivate children) and some Drawing/Painting and Tai taught Martial Arts and Games. Turns out little kids LOVE ''Teacher May I''. Way too much, the loving that occurred. I don't want to play that game for another YEAR at least @_@ Okay, maybe a half-year break will suffice. We also taught them Oli-Oli-Oxen, which was GREAT because we had the entire 13th floor (this abandoned office complex with fancy glass dividers and stuff) to ourselves.

We also got to see Alice and Biyun for the first time in forever!

Alice is way cuter IRL.


So is Biyun. Side note: those chocolate candies she's holding look like shiny azuki beans but are actually chocolate-covered puffed rice granules of ridiculously delicious deliciousness. They're like M&M's but BETTER.


All-in-all a pretty good time :) I think next year we will definitely pony up the NT$51/trip to sleep at home though. Even if it does take an hour each way, after a day of wrangling children the comfort of one's own bed and a full night's sleep is worth the time and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment