Saturday, October 15, 2011

Making My Own Way

Spent the last 2 days setting up websites and stuff for tutoring! The owner of the DIY shop down the street said he'd let me put out fliers if I had any, so of course I had to make some! And then set up a website so it looks more legit. Website requires pictures, which requires digging through all my online places looking for them, and then figuring out how to use GoogleSites and Picasa and why are Picasa and Google+ Photos the same thing but set up differently?! WHY REDUNDANCY GOOGLE?!

Anyway. Oh, and not being able to type in Chinese on account of my lappy being dead (I 'typed' everything in GoogleTranslate -- not recommended). It works again, by the way. It decided to work this morning after I inserted a flash drive with the new Ubuntu on it, but I don't think that actually did anything, since it didn't install the new Ubuntu. It just worked. Thank the lords. So I got to set up my language tutoring site with the super-helpful aides of Chinese language input, GoogleTranslate, and Perapera-kun.

So yeah, here are the sites:

DanDan DIY for U.S.-style home-made desserts.

DanDan Language for tutoring in American English or Japanese.

/shameless self-promotion. I don't think anyone reads this blog anyway, so it's probably not a very good place to be shamelessly promoting oneself ;P whatever

No comments:

Post a Comment