Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Day of Fruitless Unexpectedly Unproductive Travel

Let's start with the good stuff: For breakfast I made Blueberry Microwave Minute Muffin in a Mug!

This is a very unattractive picture of the muffin mid-microwave.


I was afraid it would overflow, so I didn't add a lot of oatmeal, but it turned out a lot smaller than I thought it would! More oatmeal next time~


Plated. It was really good!

I'll definitely be making this a bunch. It's so quick and easy and I get my oatmeal and a whole egg all at the same time! Maybe add some cinnamon next time too, just to change up the flavour a bit :)





I also made the bed! Check out how cute our bedding set is:

It's Peter Rabbit!!!


Peter Rabbit is really popular here -- City Cafe (a.k.a.coffee at 7-11) had a Peter Rabbit promotion earlier this year and Gracie got one of the mugs. I thought maybe it's because it's the year of the rabbit, but Gracie said it's always been popular. I believe her. Peter Rabbit rocks!

Okay, the not-so-good parts:

My interview was cancelled today!!! But they didn't tell me until 11:45 (the interview being at 12:30), at which time Tai and I were already dining at a noodle stand next to the language center in anticipation of interview happy time. D: Turns out their one foreign teacher called in sick, and he's the guy that's supposed to interview me. Booooo. I showed up and I'm still sick!!! D:< Whatevs, we rescheduled for next Friday. So then we went directly to the bank. I'd google'd how to get their from the language center, so we took the brown line to liuzhangli and transferred to a bus, saving us ~NT$8 each as opposed to taking the MRT all the way to Dapingling, which is where the bank is at. BTW, turns out you have to apply at the bank where you live by; we tried earlier this week at the Daan branch and they wouldn't let Tai get an account 'cause his ARC said he lived in Xindian. SO DUMB. We get to Dapingling and get a bit turned around looking for the bank, but we find it eventually and IT'S CLOSED. Shanghai Commercial and Savings Bank is closed on Saturdays. So we have to go back on Monday. SO MUCH POINTLESS TRAVELLLLL. At this point we are both tired and cranky and Tai wants a cup of coffee, so we stop by this cute little coffee place that turns out to have BOMB coffee and REALLY good cakes. So soft and moist those little cakes were! Pictures:
Clockwise from upper left: Chocolate with cream cheese filling, vanilla with mystery filling (haven't eaten it yet!) and vanilla with blueberry filling.

The chocolate was seriously delectable -- it reminded me of devil's food cake. Dense and chocolatey, but not too sweet. The vanilla was likewise fragrant -- you could taste the fresh milk and egg -- and the blueberry filling was a smooth and not coyingly sweet.

Tai with his coffee. If you can request fresh milk in your coffee instead of the standard dairy-free creamer -- no extra charge!


Daily Bakery & Cafe
New Taipei City Xindian District Minquan Road #48-3
MRT - Dapingling Exit #1

Afterwards we stopped by the J-mart down the street and picked up Halloween candy for Tai's kids, some curry spices, and vegetarian chicken noodles that we can't get at our local grocer.

And now we're home, chilling out. :) Yaaaaaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment