Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dec. 20-27: The Flavours of Winter...and Christmas!

Ever since the Christmas party I've been putting in mad overtime to make up for my two weeks off, so there hasn't been much time for blogging!

Here's some of what I've been up to~

Cream-Cheese Apple Pie for the X-mas party at work!
They got a little burnt, but they were SO GOOD!
I also made: 1) Marc's Mom's Cheesecake (reduced sugar), which was a huge hit
2) 'Sugar Pie with Pecans', as requested by my Canadian boss -- it's pretty much pecan pie with maple syrup.
3) A (fugly) gingerbread house (we still have pieces...I've been eating them for almost a month now!)
4) ALL OF THE MASHED POTATOES EVER...with buttery carrot bits! This was AMAZING!!!
Luckily, I had plenty of helpers:
WE ARE AWESOME!

Some other winter flavours: taro and yam!
This is a piece of yam wrapped in taro bread. It makes my life gorgeous. That doesn't make any sense. I don't care.
CHRISTMAS! It occured. This is actually a fairly festive tree -- most of the fake Xmas trees I saw were sad and under-ornamented, and they certainly weren't surrounded by so many cheerful poinsettias!


Leftover pie crust TRANSFORMATION INTO SHEPHERD'S PIE kind of.
No shepherds were harmed in the making of this vegetarian pie.

And of course, Christmas is not complete with PRESENTS!
THE BEST PRESENT OF ALL (one of them -- I received lots of best presents this year!)
CHRISTMAS BOX #1!!!


We enjoyed the contents of the box immensely.
Spent Xmas day at the grandparents' with my mom and sister.
Afterward, we went to LeHua Night Market!
It was mostly delicious. Except this:

Disappoint face; this strawberry milk drink was made with frozen strawberries and milk powder. DO NOT GET THE STRAWBERRY MILK DRINK FROM THE FRUIT STAND CLOSE TO THE YONG-AN EXIT AT LEHUA NIGHT MARKET. It sucks.
The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment