Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jan. 30-31: 青年弟子營 1 & 2

I planned on starting this post with a picture of me on the bus, but the file was corrupted when I copied it from the camera card D: It was a good picture too!

Instead, you get this:
There were all these gross dead (and some alive) bugs in the dorm room when Ingting, Kathy, and I got there the night before.

We cleaned it up and it's all good now :)



I volunteered for AV training, so I've been spending loads of time in the sound booth, learning the ropes :)



Unexpectedly there nightly 'Memorize Ancient Chinese Texts' @_@ (A common past-time for students, as it is required for most of secondary school -- it's like reading The Great Gatsby, or Grapes of Wrath...except poems, and you have to memorize and recite them. Oh wait, I guess it's more like Shakespeare. But with more moral righteousness, and recitation involved.) After a surprising number of people were shocked to learn that omgz you can't read Chinese?! it was decided that it'd be alright if I just memorized what the text meant. Thankfully.

Also, I forgot my toothbrush and toothpaste, so I had to go out and buy a set. It turned out to be a little kid set (I COULDN'T RESIST THE BEAR-SHAPED CARRYING CASE!) and the toothpaste tastes like strawberry Yan-Yan cream *u* for the first 3 seconds, and then it tastes like foaming agents and soap D:

Today we had a basic photography class! I knew most of the concepts already, so it was mostly Chinese vocab class for me xD



I miss having access to a DSLR T_T Maybe one day, when I'm wealthy, I will get a Lumix GF *u* They're pretty popular in Taiwan, where they're called Girlfriend camera. I've played with a GF1 and it's super-fantastic -- a bit fancier than the Canon Rebel Xti, but not excessively so (for n00bs, anyways.)

No comments:

Post a Comment