Thursday, September 8, 2011

(Mostly) Day Off!

Since I only had one class today (4:00-5:00) I got to sleep in!!! Which was great, 'cause we were out late yesterday at the Hochi thingy, where we go to munch on all the cookies me and Wei-Chun and Kathy made :3 Also, they gave us each a pomelo! So now we have pomelos for Moon Day. Awesome!

So after waking up at 9:00, I meditated for half an hour, and did some exercises with my (still kinda) new yoga mat :D Breakfast consisted of a poached egg (I'm getting better at it! But there's still wispy bits D:), home-made banana bread and yogurt drink. Nummy! I really want an electric griddle though -- I miss having fried eggs in the morning.

Then I dinked around until lunch-time, when we went out for noodles since we didn't have any more veggies left at home. Also, I showed Tai where the BIG 24/7 grocery store is, in case he can't find it at Kuma Your's Mart or Chuan-Lian. It's a Wellcome, and sometimes the prices are better :)

I also showed him where the huge park is by my work, so that he can go there if he wants. There are lots of trees and old people, and a skating rink, although I have no idea how they would get the ice to stay there. Maybe they just make the floor cold. But that seems inefficient. Whatever.

We also discovered a DIY baking store HEAVEN. It's tiny but there is SO MUCH STUFF crammed into it, and they have all the ingredients I want: philadelphia cream cheese, fresh whipping cream (5 different brands!), huge blocks of butter, real vanilla extract, agar agar, and MORE!!! I am so excited. I will take pictures and find it on GoogleMap so other people can go there too.

Work was okay-good.

Then I went grocery shopping. Twice, 'cause I forgot stuff.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment