Wednesday, May 23, 2012

March 30th: Volunteering with Kathy & Maggie + Woolloomooloo

After an awesome morning at the Taoyuan Female Penitentiary teaching ladies meditation for stability and changing life direction, Maggie took Kathy and me to lunch at Woolloomooloo (which also happens to be a place in Australia. Woolloomooloo XinYi:台北市信義路4段379號 (02)8789-0128 )

Maggie is of the belief that cultivation should a fun and enjoyable, so she sometimes often treats us to all sorts of yummy food and stuff after classes or activities (^////^) One day when I have loads of disposable income I'ma treat her back for all the lovely times she's had with us!
On the MRT -- I'm terrible at camwhoring!  From left to right: Maggie, Kathy being shy and looking way better than either of us, and me being close-eyed-looking (- u -)

Slightly better? No, not really xD
 Woolloomooloo is one of those hipster places that's so hip it would dislocate its own femur if it got any hipper. The place is owned by an Aussie architect and looks like a curious mix between one of those studio apartments and a warehouse: lots of raw-looking lumber and metal sheets.  The bench we sat on had cushions that looked like burlap sacks!

Their menu is A4 presented on a clipboard.
 The food itself is all over, mainly Western with an emphasis on pizza.  They also do excellent coffee and have a huge selection of Aussie beers...and international newspapers!
My hot chocolate!
 Kathy got a latte that looked about the same, but with coffee instead of cocoa!  The steamed milk was tightly foamed and super-rich, which complemented the slightly bitter chocolate nicely.

Vegetarian mushroom pasta!
 Super-creamy sauce.  I'm pretty sure they just took cream and butter and pepper and salt and added mushrooms.  SO thick and delicious!

We also a got a pizza that I didn't take pictures of, which was likewise delicious.  It was the thin-crust variety, and loaded with super-fresh veggies and cheese.

Cake for dessert!  I thought there was too cream, but it was really delicious nonetheless!

I ended up with ice cream, which was surprisingly disappointing D: There were chunks of icy bits and tasted like they just froze whipped cream.  The flavor was blase and just a hint too sweet, and left an unpleasant fatty film in my mouth.  There's nothing wrong with frozen whipped cream -- I mean, it tastes great on top of warm pie and stuff, but it definitely shouldn't be marketed as ice cream.  I still ate all of it though -- cream is cream and I loves me some whipped cream.  Plus it's difficult to get good cream in Taipei, and this was some top-notch stuff.  ^_^;

We had a great time -- it's always fun hanging out with Maggie 'cause she tells the funniest stories and has some curious insights on life, and Kathy is super-cute and I love how direct she is about expressing her feelings ^o^

No comments:

Post a Comment