Sunday, June 24, 2012

May 9th: Taiwanese Ratatouille

But first, a surprise dessert! Lishui brought it back from somebody's house...I can't remember who's, but it's delicious!
White Fungus Dessert Soup with Nuts and Dates

I love dessert soups ^o^ Growing up mung bean soup was my fav, but recently taro has taken its place! I really like wood-ear/fungus too, so this was a really tasty one.  That orange thing is a yam, not a carrot ;P

For Thursday night I planned for ratatouille, 'cause I'd been having some MAD eggplant cravings.  Also zucchini cravings.  TT___TT Apparently the market by my mom's house has zucchini sometimes; the one I live by doesn't.  either way they're hard to come by here, but we DO have eggplants in abundance.  Delicious delicious Asian eggplant~  Guess what I subbed for the zucchini?
Bay leaves!!! I added them!
LOOFAH! Actually it is the tender fruit of the loofah plant, before the fiber-y loofah part has developed. It is tender and green and mildly sweet when cooked, and holds its shape well, kinda like zucchini.  So I used it :)

CHECK DEM COLOURSSS! 'cept the eggplant...I'd already put 'em in to stir-fry when I thought to take a picture...
I love colourful food!




For protein I added these buggers, crumbled up:
Dried Tofu Skins!

No comments:

Post a Comment