Wednesday, June 13, 2012

April 26th: Spaghetti Galore + 1st Day of Light Messenger Beginner Course

Maggie made super-colourful spaghetti!!! She prepped all the ingredients herself (with some washing & cutting assistance from Zhenxing) and I made up the spaghetti for her ahead of time so it could be sauteed with the ingredients.

Tomatoes, pinch of sugar, herbs, and cheese.
Look at those COLOURS!!! Everything was so delicious!


Balsamic Tri-colour Peppers with Herbs.
I used to really dislike balsamic vinegar, but it's grown on me.  I actually ended up adding extra vinegar to my spaghetti 'cause it wasn't sour enough for me xD

Chopped cheddar cheese, for even more flavor!
My humble contribution consisted of cranberry-orange steamed banana cake with vegan ice 'cream'.
The cranberries were donated by a Chi-mate who'd come back from the States.  They were from Trader Joe's, and they are AMAZINGLY GOOD.



Mmmmmm cranberries!

More shots of cake! I was really pleased with how cake-shaped this one came out :D

The caramel-looking top is actually the bottom, which I covered in sugar to prevent sticking.  After cooling it provides a nice crunch and bit of sweetness!  Shout-out to Laurie for teaching me that trick!

ALL OF THE CRANBERRIES!  I added the entire bag.  This was a 4-banana cake, which serves approximately 20 Chinese.

Here we have Junting/Mark proudly showing us his footprints after Standing like Pine for a good hour or so (actually I can't remember how long we did that week, but usually it's 90 minutes).
It's those two smudges he appears to be pointing to.

Zhenxing told him to make a face (>口<)v

With flash, from above. (Anterior pointing toward bottom of photo.)
They faded after 10 minutes or so.  Apparently it's a detox thing; I'd never seen anything like it before, and it was rather interesting. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment